web page hit counter [Rebellion Lies]: Speaking With Queer Kid Of Color

[Rebellion Lies]

The comedic, spiritual, and dramatic journey of an aspiriing young Black artist who has finally escaped the confounds of Hicktown, TX, USA to the opportunities that await him in Austin. But damnit if he still doesn't want out of Texas period!

12.20.2006

Speaking With Queer Kid Of Color

We Debate The Use of the Word "Nigger", HIV Controversies, Being Gay & Conservative, And The Bible

I am late on this train. When QueerKidOfColor approached me for an interview for his blogging series, I barely knew who he was, but apparently he is a rising star in the gay media. That's hot and I can dig it. I love to see a young black gay male doing big things.

However, as much as I like the Queer Kid, that hasn't stopped us from having several disagreements within the first conversations of getting to know one another.

In case you haven't already read it, there is a two part interview (Part One & Part Two) up on his blog. We discuss several issues we've both been ready to address with each other such as my "vulgarities", his conservatism, the whole backlash concerning Jamal K. Franklin's knowledge about the blogger knowingly spreading HIV, and homosexuality in the Bible.

When he received backlash for some of his comments, he decided to completely take down my interview. Now y'all know I had to say somethin' about that! His point of view is that he's in the media hotseat now so he has to watch what he says. My stance is that you should be truthful to yourself and your ideals no matter what. And if you say some things in ignorance, then you must realize it and change the situation.

After removing the second part of the interview, it has returned to its place back on his blog and you know want to read this shit! Yes, I said shit! Yes, that is profanity!

Now tell me something good.

8 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BITCH!! (MOre profanity.)


I cannot WAIT to sip tea and listen to an Erykah Badu/Laurnn hill mixed tape with you, as we flirt with the crazy man to get a discount on our thrift store clothes.

(And gag when we find out he doesn't even work at the thrift store he just likes standing behind the counter.)

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Queer Kid Of Color said...

Thanks Charles. This means alot.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger D-Place said...

I'll say it again. I'm sooo glad your back! You make me proud.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger SomeOne said...

umm did someone say " Erykah Badu/Laurnn hill mixed tape" please bless a sister with this.....

and charles loved the interview.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger princessdominique said...

I'll check it out.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things you said in the interview really wasn't truthful, more on the lines of theories and incomplete thoughts according to your own persuasions, which could be false. What is there you are truthful to Mr. X?

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger ShawnQt said...

I liked the interview, u better do it, do it, do it, do it, do it!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Clay said...

lol - captain is such a cackle.

i liked the interview. people should just be able to disagree and talk out their differences without the young man being wore out. it is good to have different thoughts in the gay community. you know ive always like the way you have experessed yourself regardless if i agreed or disagreed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home