web page hit counter [Rebellion Lies]: Time To Shine

[Rebellion Lies]

The comedic, spiritual, and dramatic journey of an aspiriing young Black artist who has finally escaped the confounds of Hicktown, TX, USA to the opportunities that await him in Austin. But damnit if he still doesn't want out of Texas period!

8.13.2006

Time To Shine

LUTHER VANDROSS' NEW SONG "SHINE" DESERVES TO GO #1 ON THE CHARTS!

No, not just the Negro charts, the real deal. That song is hot and the lyrics completely match the feel of the song. Now y'all know me and Luther wasn't all that close...he could be a tad bit...boring. But that song is good.

Anyhoo, I know some of you good people are wondering what I am doing with my life now. Well I decided not to go back to the school I went to last year. Basically, I hated the town and the school and I just felt uninspired and dry. I met some really cool people who have introduced me to even more amazing people so it was not a complete waste of a year.

I have decided to move to Austin, Texas. For those of you who aren't familiar with Austin, it is ranked the #1 city in America for creativity (San Fran is #2) and it is also the capitol of Texas. It's the only city in the state of Texas to vote against banning gay marriage. So basically its like 75% liberal in the middle of a conservative state. That already makes it a little bit strange but Austin is very very VERY weird. "So you'll fit right in, Charles." That's what I'm thinkin!

I took a trip down there last weekend and had a meeting with my realtor. She took me around a little bit and I ended up signing a lease that day without telling my parents. Oops! I didn't even bother asking my mother to co-sign b/c I knew she just wanted me to say in Fort Worth being her little titty baby. That is so 19 years ago. I convinced my dad to co-sign. You know, the dad who recently disowned me. Yeah, that one! I am so damn good.

I really believe Austin is where I'm supposed to be right now, especially since I'm trying to dig into the creative side of me right now to get this book out. I'm shooting for February 2008. Can you wait til then? I can't.

I am moving this Saturday so if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or if you just wanna hang out with me before I leave then get with me. Otherwise you will have to haul your ass up to Austin to see me.

Anyone from there who reads this shit?

Anyhoodyhoo, allow me to remind everyone to please be courteous to service people. They are people you know. Doing this delivery job for the past three months has really opened my eyes to the kinds of assholes that are out there and don't see service people as fellow human beings. One example being the lesbian man.

The problem is people think that if they step into a restaurant and people are clamoring to serve them food, then they are a king or a queen. In this instance they feel they can temporarily live out their royal superstar fantasies where they command attention and order people about.

People need to wake up and realize....YOU ARE NOT PRINCE WILLIAM OR PRINCESS DI! You are a normal person ordering food off a menu and the waitors are normal people trying to get YOUR MONEY! They don't give a shit who you are and you probably aren't much to wonder about if you treat servers like shit.

Today my parents made me mad at Red Lobster. The cooks forgot to put in the vegetables in my dad's food and he noticed at the very end of his meal. Mind you, it is part of the waitress' job to check that everything is there, but if the customer doesn't see it til the very end of the order then...what the hell. My parents demanded a free desert in place of the vegetables.

Now in case you don't know how this shit works, heres how it goes. Even if the cooks leave out something, the waitress still has to pay for it. Meaning since my parents wanted a free desert, the waitress would have to pay for that expensive shit...and the vegetables were not worth that much.

I was so mad. I told them they need to be more nice and understanding and stop just trying to get free shit all the time. But my mom went into this tirade about being ran over and bla bla bla. I am going back to that Red Lobster tomorrow and paying for that desert... ugh!

I had something else to say but I done forgot. I'll be back with less personal bullshit and more pop culture bullshit later today.

11 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need tah interruptin my prayer before the Lawd directs me to whoop yo' ass!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Marz said...

I've never quite understood the whole realtor thing. Paying someone to get on craigslist, I'm going to need you to tell me about this concept. (Winks)

YAYYYY AUSTIN.(I guess, I've never quite thought about it.) But yayy to being in the capital of Texas.

Follow destiny, but watch out for her child; don't need Beyonce glamourising around you and taking your focus.


-Marz

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Charles X said...

My realtor was free, honeydumplingandoats!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Dayne Avery said...

You remind me of myself. Just as flighty as all get out sometimes. But never let anyone tell you that its a bad thing. Do well in Austin!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger D-Place said...

Good luck in Austin. I may be out there before the end of the year.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Good luck. Hopefully a fresh city will give you a fresh start.

I hate when people are rude to service people. I will ask questions if my shit isn't right, but I will not be rude the waiter/waitress.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in Austin. There weren't too many cities I cared for while I lived in Texas, but Austin is definitely one of the only shining lights!!!! You should be very inspired there.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said...

Good luck with the move!

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a whore for stealing all of my austin friends.
can't wait to see you tonight...you are still seeing us right???

love you,
lisa

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger SomeOne said...

do well in austin...

lol @ sapphire's comments

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger ShawnQt said...

Congrats on your move to Austin... I get to live through your experience now!

Hey, Check out my little blog when you get a chance. Trying to get a couple of people to stop by and tell me what they think.

dreamsinafitted.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home