web page hit counter [Rebellion Lies]: Fags Hate Fags

[Rebellion Lies]

The comedic, spiritual, and dramatic journey of an aspiriing young Black artist who has finally escaped the confounds of Hicktown, TX, USA to the opportunities that await him in Austin. But damnit if he still doesn't want out of Texas period!

5.11.2006

Fags Hate Fags

What About Your Friends?

Tell me why me and Omar are discussing The Chipmunks? LOL he is a good conversationalist. Let me not put him out there, I brought up the munks. Alvin...Simon...Theodore!

I love my friends. They're being really supportive. Too bad tomorrow we're all checking out of these here dorms tomorrow. I'm really sad about that. Some people asked questions...gave some answers, didn't answer others. Tomorrow is going to suck so hard. It's gonna be emotional + I gotta move all my shit out and clean my dorm + I gotta do my laundry + I'm gonna donate most of my clothes to my favorite thrift store + I have to tell my mom about what happened + I have to tell my professors and who knows what else I'ma have to do.

A Look At "The Captain"

Warning: This shit is long and in depth. I highly encourage all of you to read it in its entirety, so take your time. You may need to make multiple visits, but I think the following is an important and relevant debate. This isn't about controversy or trying to attack someone. Some of you may say I'm going too far and shouldn't talk about someone else's blog, but I am opening up a necessary debate, which is something "The Captain" has done in the past as well, which is a good thing. Onto the post...

Every time I'm about to address a specific blogger, my blog friends get a tad hesitant. I don't think that should be the case. I think we need to hold ourselves accountable and look out for each other. Some people hate confrontation, but I think it's necessary. Confrontation and controversy make things happen. Think about if so many of our great leaders of the past hated confrontation...we'd still be on the plantation gettin fucked by master. As Trent Jackson would say "I'm not saying, I'm just saying"

Transphobia

Whenever I encounter someone who is vehemently homophobic, I have to ask "are they gay?" My question was soon answered after stumbling across the blog of The Captain. He left this comment on my post about discriminating against transgendered people in the gay community:

"I am strongly persuaded that those individuals that want to cross their gender from one to another have internal conflicts of acceptance and understanding. To a certain degree, I feel that is what we all go through in experiencing our own sexual orientation and coming into reality to what we are and what we created to do in the human life. Yes, people can be confused about these things and unable to figure them out. Unfortunately, we keep putting out the message that everything is OK. Being a homsexual is OK. Being a heterosexual is OK. Being a transgender is OK. There is too many variables here... and NOT everything is- OK! "

First of all, this comment is unclear and I need some clarification. So it is acceptable when heterosexuals and homosexuals go through "experiencing our own sexual orientation and coming into reality to what we are"... It's acceptable when heterosexuals and homosexuals go through that process, COME TO THEIR OWN CONCLUSION, and then continue on with their lives, BUT NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO come to the conclusion that they have an inner desire to be another gender?

This argument is flawed and needs more clarification if it is to stand up. Who are you? Are you a transgendered person? Did your God deem you in a position to discern whether or not these people are OK by your standards?

Or did your God tell you that you are a sinner and to basically shut the hell up about other people's "lifestyles"? I think the latter is more accurate.

Hypocrisy kills.

I already debated with Stone about this issue. I let the "debate" with him end in a whimper when all I got in return were barely comprehensible responses, manly gruntings, armpit scratching, and jargon. To continue with the debate would have been cruel and useless on my part. However, The Captain, I see you are very capable of commanding the English language, so I do hope you will engage me in furthering this conversation.

Because of the lack of clarity in that comment (the end of the comment, specifically), I'll have to move on to the posts on your blog to maybe gain some further insight.
I have a question many of your own readers are confused about: are you gay? You, as well as many others, may say it's none of my business. However, when you start a blog and make such broad statements (you want to ban gay marriage?), it does became a matter of everyone's "business". Blogging is open to the public, and the public has a right to ask such questions when such statements are made.
I'm just going to assume you are indeed gay. Many of your posts, the blogs you tend to read, the fact that you constantly say "we" when referring to the gay "lifestyle", and your ambiguous gender terms when referring to partners lead the reader to believe you are indeed gay or a "former" gay.

It is apparent that while you are gay yourself, you are extremely homophobic. In one post appropriately titled "I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!" (me either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I was disturbed to read that you met a man who you thought was "very cool", but then after he got comfortable with you enough to be his true ("feminine-acting") self, you strongly disliked him!

" I can’t get with that at all and don’t know where it is coming from. "

Ask him, perhaps. Maybe he was raised around all women. Maybe he didn't have many male role models. Or perhaps, GASP, he is just exercising his right as a human being to be himself and be LOVED for it! Everyone deserves love. Does his limp wrist send you into convulsions? Does his lisp throw you into a series of seizures? This is sad too:

"Everything he did irritated me to the fullest. From the way he was smacking his lips talking, to crossing his legs like a woman, to switching with a bounce in his step like Madea, it was truly annoying. "

Why was it so annoying? I really want to know. Examine that and get back to me please! This sounds like a case of self-hatred and self-homophobia to me, but I will let you explain that one, if you so wish.

I see that I'm mentioned in this post. Aww how sweet, pookie, thanks, really I'm honored. However, it strikes me as odd that in this post you give praise to so many of these great bloggers...but they are all GAY. So are they really that great in your eyes if they live this sinful abominable lifestyle? How can you give credence to this great group of people when they are living the "gay lifestyle" you so despise and denigrate on a daily basis? How confusing.

In this post, entitled Tired (Me too, boo! Damn!), you make a list of things gone horribly wrong with the gay community which you so despise (yet love! yet hate! yet love! yet...) I would go through each item you listed, but this is already long enough. But let me just say that every single point you listed is true of ALL cultures, not just the gay community. Every single point you made can be said of the BLACK community. Is being black wrong too? Well, send me back to Africa, lynch me, and call me Kunta Kinte! Every African American community, gay or straight, has issues with every problem you listed (image, adultery, clubbing, working against ourselves, wanting to be accepted by mainstream society, and playing games)

BEING BLACK IS AN EVIL ABOMINATION AGAINST GOD! Hey, I'm just going by your logic!

The more I read through your blog, the more and more I get confused by you. Aren't you gay? Don't you love yourself? If not, don't you respect all those gay bloggers you converse with and gush over? Why are you so vehemently against them having the right to get married?

This post poses so many questions and I have many more, but I will stop now and allow you to give a rebuttal, if you so chose. Either way, there will be a part two as there is still more to address.

I encourage everyone to join in the debate, leave a comment, or send an e-mail (I do read them, even when my lazy ass doesn't respond).

27 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have a response on my blog, www.fierywords.blogspot.com to address your questions.

Indeed, some things need some clarification. I will honor that request.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Cash S. said...

Now you know The Captain was going to give a rebuttal, it just wouldn't be right if he didn't.

The Captian is my boy, but he confuses me sometimes too. We had a converstation last night (that will be continued later) in regards to some of his most recent posts. He explained, I somewhat understand, but I still have questions.

I'm glad you did this post! I'll be back later.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

I don't know why you would even get into a debate with religious people. They take the parts of the bible they agree with and shout it from the mountain tops, but the rest of it (that pertains to their sins) they keep quiet. For instance the old and new testaments do speak against homosexuality, but they speak against a lot of things like working on the sabbath and eating shell fish. I don't see any Christian groups picketing Red Lobster.

Also, why don't churches focus on the biggest problems in their congregation rather than homosexuality. I use to go to a conservative church and one day I heard the minister rail about the evil effects of homosexuality on modern culture. As I looked around the church I saw families in disarray because the men were having children outside of the home and cheating. I saw young women with children and no husbands or fathers for their babies. I saw young people with nobody to guide them and educate them. Instead of focusing on the real needs of the congregation, the church is concerened with something that really is a minor issue in the bible. Of course churches don't talk about adultery (a major sin) or people having children with no daddies because then half the congregation would get their knickers in a twist. Instead they foucs groups that are easy to target--GLBT community. It is ridiculous. I have no patience for religious people who try to quote the bible to me, but do not understand the historical background of the bible. It is not the literal word of God. That isn't possible. It was writen by man who they keep telling us is falliable. Not to mention it was copied over and over again by hand. The bible is like a big book of the game telephone. Historically people left stuff out of the bible they didn't like when recopying it and added stuff they felt should be in the bible. It's a guide. You are suppose to use your brain and interpret it. However, it's easier for certain people to say it is the literal word of God and use parts of it to slam small segments of society. It just drives me crazy!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Clay said...

good post.

well there are some complex issues. Firstly, i agree with you about 80% -- and you know you are one of my fav bloggers BUT ... gay people are not free from discrimination and when another LGBT person is hateful to another LGBT person it shows that we are still in living in the residuals of socially oppressive society. This is why i rarely give a hot lash to white folks -- like i used to -- because i have come to understand that their archaic train of the thought (some not all) is imperative to keep the American structure moving forward -- and what people in power want is for the black vs. whites to battle. I think that part of your argument is being left out -- they are not being inherently evil but what are their other options?????? It takes YEARS to get out of self hate and to go from not hating yourself because you're gay and morphing into loving transgenders -- is challenging for people ........... everyone is on their process and i think we have to meet people where there at TO CHANGE. For example, if a vegetarian walks into a room and say "ALL MEAT EATERS ARE SAVAGE BEAST - FUCK YOU!" Then NO ONE is going to hear them and they will continue to inhale the hot dog. However, if the vegetarian walks in and offers some info and explains the high rate of heart disease and shows a picture of heart infected with the disease -- that MIGHT change their mind. You see what I'm saying???? I applaud your efforts, but it is an important dialogue to discuss WHERE this ignorance is coming from ... we black, men, not hetero and NOT monolithic.

as a point - i havent really read Captin's blog and i deeply disagree with his comment ... but like i said i havent read his blog so im not sure where he is coming from

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

LOL... I would have to say this is an EXCELLENT SUPERB POST! I love it and I was all smiles while reading it. He loves to argue and this will do nothing but make him type a rebuttal in his blog about you believe many have been written about me. I know this man personally and he is a contradictory person who likes to talk shit and does the exact same thing. Many times I have had to call him out on it because he is full of IT. Im not going to go indepth on the things in mention. Yes he is anti-gay, adam4adam,promiscuous people and each time he manages to do the same thing that he is against. I could go on for days... refer to back to some of my blogs from December and January and April...

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Charles X said...

Some of you seem to know The Captain personally! LOL! However, I do not have that "luxury" so I'm coming at this from a person who JUST NOW read his whole blog and has never argued or conversed with him before. I guess I will now!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said...

Hey sweetie petey!! I don't have much to add...I wll have to read the other blog to comment further...I will be back. :) Like my new diggs, eh? Isn't the pic SMOKIN??

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

It is not hypocritical to be gay and have a "phobia" against transgendered people because there is no comparison between the two. Transgendered people are trying to change their sexual organs or live as a different gender while gay people are fine with their genders.

People are hypocritical for calling other people with biases hyprocritical when they do not know what they are talking about. I am against transgendered and transsexuals, and I am proud of it and stand firmly to it...little of it has anything to do with the Bible.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My response is posted.

www.fierywords.blogspot.com

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to ask Prof GQ why he is transphobic. I haven't read your blog in any real detail and hopefully you can explain this sentiment or point me in the direction of a post that explains this.

for this post I would like to add that the captain's self-hatred is evidently a product of years of conditioning to be such. no one awakes up or suddenly becomes as virulently hateful as the captain is. I urge everyone to read his response to this post. it's deep. deep in the way that a backed up sewer line can fill a toilet with shit. his responses were just homophobic rants against the 'homosexual lifestyle' (whatever that is) that he has actively participated in. his assertion that gays are filled with doubt, suffering and hate are just representations of his own feelings about experiencing same-sex desire. your life is filled with whatever it is you expect yourself to receive from others. if you want darkness, thus you will attract it, and so on.

besides this many of his comments can easily be applied to gender, race and ethnic groups. for example, "If not comfort has been found for thousands of years, what makes you believe you will find it now? I guess God has left many hints…..its time we take the clue."
insert jews, blacks, women, asians and you will see that his 'arguments' have sadly been used against many a community.

one more point-gender, like sexuality, is a highly fluid and socially constructed term. if sex is determined by a set of genes, then what happens when those genes become scrambled or are missing? watch a program dealing with this topic (i reccommend any program on the discovery Health Channel) where you can see how and where gender identites are created and sustained in our compulsory heterosexual society. read the works of michael kimmell and ann fausto-sterling and you will see what patriarchy has forced us into: a hate-filled society in which instead of celebrating ALL of our differences they are instead marginalized, denigrated and sterotyped. do you know where violence comes from? the same ignorant ideas that you are promoting.

peace

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Charles X said...

KRISTEN! Amazing comment. Why don't you have your own blog? Are you Larry D. Lyons using a female alter ego? I wasn't going to comment until later, but I really loved that response.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

2 WORDS FOR YOU:

LAW SCHOOL

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen and Charles:

You made some good observations, but I feel that again my comments were misinterpreted.

In my response I touched on self-hatred briefly. In no capacity do I hate myself. Furthermore, let me put it in this context so that everyone can be fully aware of how this comment should apply. All of us have something we wish to change about ourselves, such as hair, weight, height, etc. Just because you wish to change, something about yourself does not mean you hate yourself. It just means that you particularly do not care for the current condition of what you dislike. Therefore, Kristen, if you want to cut your hair short or grow it out, you are merely changing the style and length. I would not assume you hate your hair, but assume that you wish to change according to your desire and wishes; that very principle applies in this case. Ultimately, the accusation that I am self-hating is unsustainable.

Another point you mentioned that is NOT accurate is your accusation that I assert that gays are filled with hate, hurt, doubt and suffering is a representation of my feelings. This of course is not the case. I am only describing what is seen within the gay community as a whole; this is NOT a representation of my personal feelings or any conditioning over time.

In my Inference statement, I mentioned about the comfort level of homosexuals throughout history. You further mentioned women, Asians, Jews, etc. Now, there is still a raging spiritual and physical war in the Middle East. The Jews still have no peace in Israel as they are consistently threatened by Iran, Iraq and Russia. Women is still pressing for equality even with laws demanding equal rights since their sinful and discourteous act in the garden of Eden. Yet, no comfort is really seen for these groups either. I was specifically speaking on homosexuals. I never anticipated on speaking on any ethnic or racial groups and I do not find homosexuals as a racial or ethnic group.

Regarding genes and gender, I find that you are crossing issues here and it is not clear what message you are trying to bring across.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

I reread it and I totally agree with everyone that changing your sex is wrong. So yes im with the captain, professor GQ in not accepting that. But what I said earlier in my comments, I meant it and im not taking it back.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hair and same sex desire? i KNEW there was something similar about the two...
excusing the sarcasm, i do not see any point in your metaphor about changing hair and your sexuality. if the basis of changing the latter is contingent upon reading the Bible and its inerpretation that being gay is sinful and immoral then that is something that you need to examine personally. religion should be about love and respect, NOT about hate towards any group-gays, lesbians, trangendered folk included.

also captain i never said you think that all gays are filled with hate, pain, etc. i merely asseerted that if these qualities are all you see in being queer, then these are qualities that you must possess tenfold to be seeing them everywhere. let's remember that queer people do not hold te patent on self-hatred-EVERYONE experiences these emotions at some point in their lives.

also you said:
"The Jews still have no peace in Israel as they are consistently threatened by Iran, Iraq and Russia. Women is still pressing for equality even with laws demanding equal rights since their sinful and discourteous act in the garden of Eden. Yet, no comfort is really seen for these groups either"

so because there is still fighting in the mid east and women have not achieved the full equality we've been fighting for for years, then we (they) should give up that quest? should blacks have given up when the civil rights movement began? is our present day struggle over? i think not. next time you want to tell queer people to give up their struggle for equality realize that as long as some of us are not free, then WE ALL ARE NOT FREE!

finally my point about genes and gender was merely to illustrate that our sex and gender are terms assigned to the number and placement of certain genes, chromosomes, etc in our DNA. if something occurs that throws this system out of whack then our basis for assigning gender also falls out of whack. re-read that portion and think about it some more.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Damn Charles, this is a deep ass post! I love the debate.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

you've been having some great debates on here. You've officially stepped up your game!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

few tasks can be said to be as futile as arguing with a self-loathing christian. for as long as one acquiesces to their attendant narratives of fundamental depravity, patriarchy, misogyny and homophobia, no external force could hope to provide liberation.

no more casting pearls to swine. not for me.

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

see charles this comment^ proves me and larry are not the same person!

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot fathom why you want to associate me with religion....farthest from the premise.

Since you guys keep bringing it up, you only exemplify what Apostle Paul said in Romans 1:21 and 22.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

hey..i just thought of sumthing...
i think i know ur friend Omar
I think he's a blast from my past...
does his last name start with a fish and end with an er??
lol

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Rodney said...

I am so grateful to this medium for bringing you into my life and to you for your insights and revelations that help to enlighten me.

I am so proud of the way you hold the blogging community accountable for what we release into cyberspace, knowing that what we put out there has the potential to shape thoughts and opinions.

I didn't think this particular topic would re-emerge so quickly, but I suppose that it will come up again as long as prejudice persists.

After we conversed offblog, I entered the discussion you were having with Stone. I asked him a question, which he never answered, but he did provide me some clarity for his reasoning by asserting his belief that "transexualism" = body mutilation.

I did you a terrible disservice when I decided to check out of the discussion by agreeing that body mutilation (implicating sex reassignment therapy or surgery) was wrong. I even attempted to be humorous by suggesting that men who change their gender become ugly women, which is absolutely untrue. I didn't realize, until now, how horribly callous and ignorant that was. I know better.

I apologize to you and all the people who struggle with gender identity. I simply wanted to end the discussion because I saw that Stone was not interested in thinking outside the box. While I believe he is a wonderful person, it was clear to me that his belief system was not ready to include the idea of embracing the right of people to change gender. I wanted him to be able to save face, which might free up the space for him to, one day, possibly support the tranny's right to choose. AND Because of old insecurity issues, I didn't want to risk being disliked by someone for opposing their beliefs. Well everyone can't like me.

So here we go again. I want it to be publicly known that I support you in your quest to promote responsibility in the blogosphere and I wholeheartedly agree that no one should condemn anyone for what they choose to do with their own bodies... PERIOD!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

kristen is obviously an "anonymous" blogger we're all familiar with...

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Marz said...

OOOOH. I remember when I used to be all angry gay person. I miss that person, I need to go find him.

I've held conversations with the Captain myself over some of his statetments and how he's gay and conflict and whatever. ( We still need to finish also. LOL)


YES !!!!!! I can feel it. I bet when you wrote this your heart started beating faster you wanted to run around in a circle and then play some TEKKEN 3. ( Xioayu is the girl. I probably spelled her name wrong. LOL)


WHAT?? Be responsible in blogosphere. (DAmn now I have to spell check. LOL LOLOLOOLOL)

Alright, YAYYY WHOO HOOO. Love it. (OOOH there's a part two. Hope it ain't me.)





-Marz

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger dugla said...

Marz, yep... Xiaoyu IS the girl

There is so much going on in this topic. My two cents: we should look at ourselves FIRST. When we have achieved perfection, then we can judge everyone/everything else

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger D-Place said...

I agree with Dugla...as usual. None of us should be judging anyone. Although it seems to be a human condition that arose from the need of man wanting power or to be exhaulted. That's why stereotypes have been created to simply categorize those into a lessor position than oneself. So any argument against any other human really is futile...because we are simply a product of our environment.

If we could all learn to put ourselves in somoneone elses shoes and really understand, we probably would be as hateful as we all have been at least one time in our lives.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger D-Place said...

ooops a typo!

If we could all learn to put ourselves in somoneone elses shoes and really understand, we probably wouldn't be as hateful as we all have been at least one time in our lives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home