Desperate Rent-wives With Pride & Prejudices Against Potters (While Drinkin Your Juice Watchin Real World)

I am ghetto, I know it. I had enough money, but I stole anyway. Yes, yall, I DID IT! I sat up in that movie theater (sat up in that movie theater til I thought like I's bout to rot to death) and I watched THREE movies in a row.
After the first movie, my parents left and I decided to stay and catch two more movies on the sly.
Pride & Prejudice
I read the book this movie is based
on. In fact, I did my senior English research paper on this book (written by Jane Austen) and it was a good read. If you're into classic novels, I recommend it. Anyways, the story was on point, of course, and thankfully so was the acting. Keira Knightley carried the movie nicely as the rebellious, intelligent Elizabeth Bennett. However visually and musically pleasing the movie is, the screenplay adapters neglected to further develop the unique romance between Elizath and Mr. Darcy; the main storyline in the book. Overall, the movie was enjoyed by both me and my parents, and I think any of you would like it. However good it may be, wait til DVD to go see it. The big screen isn't necessary for this romantic timepiece.Grade: $$$ [three out of five]
Harry Potter & The Go
blet of FireLet me just say, I find the Harry Potter books to be fascinating and extremely engaging. But the movies? They aight. The problem is they just keeping getting more boring and boring as the movies roll out. The screenplay adapters just leave too much necessary storyline out of the movies that keep you engaged in the book.
Point blank: this movie was fuckin' boring. If you have kids that like Potter, then take them to see it. But if you are an intelligent adult, then save the $ and just read the book over again. It will be time spent much more wisely. The movie gets way better in the last fifteen minutes, but that isn't enough to salvage the whole film for me.
Oh well, at least I saw the movie for free! Hated it!
Grade: $ [one out of five]
Rent

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. How do you measure how much I love this movie? You really can't, because I am in love with it, from beginning to end. I guess I should start off with saying that I'm a huge musical fan, so if you don't like musicals, this may not be the film for you. However, just because you don't like musicals, don't shut this film out.
I don't think I can do the movie justice here. But it dealt with a lot of issues like HIV and homosexuality in a positive and uplifting light, while still being realistic about the epidemic. It really showed that people with different lifestyles love the same as everyone else, and I believe this movie can have a big impact on the way people look at others.
The music and the dancing is really really on point. The lyrics to the songs are relevant and moving, and they had me emotional the entire movie, ultimately leading to me crying like it's an episode of Oprah and my daddy used to beat me. Let me stop. GO SEE IT!
Grade: $$$$$ [five out of five]
In television...
Desperate Housewives: This show has been seriously lacking in the entertainment department this season. Until last Sunday! The show was so hilarious and dramatic. You have got to love Gabrielle fighting for her man WITH A NUN! Lynette is a hot mess for gettin all those people fired. Now the shit backfired on her and she's not gonna get to spend much time with her kids. I'd take that as a blessing, because those Bebe's kids of hers need to be put up for adoption, STAT! Susan is dumb as usual, fuckin up errybody's life. You would think she was Edie or something (they need to use her more often). Who else is there? OH SNAP!
Bree! She was so BLACK when she pulled out that shotgun and finally started goin gangsta on her crazyass boyfriend. I was so tired of him! Thank the lawd he killed himself before Bree had to call Uncle Ray Ray and handle business.
Real World (Reunion Show): This mess is comin' on in eleven minutes and you know I will not be missing it. I'll let you know what I thought. I'm sure Bol-of-Ignorance over at byroncrawford.com will be reviewing the show as well. Why did I even advertise his ass like that?
Anyways, let me know what YOU think about what's goin on in movies, television, and other wastes of time this week!
*Janet Jackson serious voice* EDIT!
So the Real World Reunion Show was straight up scandalous. They put everybody's business out there like it was a Supahead novel. Negromiah was yelling at Danny for thinkin' he's Ben Affleck, Danny was yelling at Lacy for talkin so much shit (which she did), Rachel admonished and then forgave Wes & Niggamiah. It was so scandalous, people started crying. That is the perfect end to this BORING-ASS season. Oh well, The Gauntlet 2 starts next week, and you know I love me some Real World Vs Road Rules!
Oprah Today: Tell me why she had Kirk Franklin's [homosexual] ass on the episode talkin about he is addicted to porn. They completely failed to mention it was most likely GAY porn. I kid you not. In seventh grade, I read his autobiography and he hinted heavily several times that he was bisexual/homosexual [just like 50 did in his book, which I didn't read]. OK OK, maybe that wasn't supposed to be the point of the show. Oprah will save him for "The Down Low Part II" (nevermind, I hope she never touches that issue again!)
Anyways, Oprah is so dayum rude, always interruptin' folk before they can finish a sentence.
Kirk: Yes, and the porn was so-
Oprah: So did you MASTURBATE while looking at the porn?
Kirk: Well, ya see-
Oprah: Did it AROUSE you?
And as usual, Golden Girls and Roseanne are on point in reruns [Lifetime and Nick @ Nite, respectively]
Let Me Know!

7 Comments:
YAY! I'm first today!!! Ok, I have no desire to see Pride & Prejudice...the trailers looks BORING. I loved the first Potter movie, but have never read any of the books...but I may have to after reading your review. The thing I love about JK is that she DOES include facets of "the craft" in her writing...who knew Mandrake was a REAL plant? LOL...let me hush, because I have some in a small jar...very powerful stuff to keep negative energy and forces away...but that's another story. I'm DYIN to see Rent!! I asked my husband if he'd go with me and he kindly declined...lol...I LOVE musicals...I'm telling you, I sang in The Sound of Music and after I saw A Chorus Line and Flashdance I wanted to be a dancer (the days WAY before childbearing hips came along!)
I don't watch Housewives - hell, with 3 kids who has time to watch TV?? BUT...I LOVE NIP/TUCK!! Don't SLEEP on that show!!! Anyhoo...glad to see you finally updated your blog...I've been waiting for you!! *wink* Keep it up sweetie...and keep your eyez open for interesting stories!!
Take care...
***Why is it so difficult to make Hermione's hair bushy, as it's supposed to be - and her front teeth big?***
Because Hollywood is scared horny boys/men wouldn't find nappy hair and Bucky-the-Beaver teeth all that attractive. Which is true, but damn, follow the effin book!
***How did the whole campsite at the quidditch World Cup burn down to the ground without Harry getting seriously injured?***
Because he's white. Let me stop, I really don't know lol. I was thinkin' the same thing. He shoulda got burnt a little bit, though because he is PALE.
***Why oh why did they make Dumbledore a screaming old fellow?***
Dumbledore is my favorite character, so I really don't appreciate them making him look like this and things. I cannot say it enough, READ THE BOOK- IT'S NOT TOILET PAPER! Shit.
***Why does the Hungarian horntail chase Harry all over the place***
Because otherwise, ADD-afflicted brats would not pay attention.
*** In the movie stupid idiot Harry P writes Sirius Black on the envelope, clearly not thinking of owls being intercepted by the ministry. ***
Because, once, again ADHD-afflicted spawns of Bebe would not understand.
***Barty Crouch Jr.. Why the hell is he staring wildly around him while licking his lips?***
It was a satire of LL Cool J.
OK I am excited, B/c I thought I was the only black person who wanted to see P&P. My girl Andrea saw it she loved it.
Rent sounds good -but I hate the commercial & I make up really strange one women boycotts Sometimes one women + 2 reluntant kids boycotts. So I might not see that one.
Nick at night that's my S***, Can't live With out it. My little one can't go to sleep until I out it on.
First timer. I am engrossed. Will be back for more :-)
Ok Charles, I almost didn't read this blog to see the updates...man put that shit in a new post and recap!! Shoooo...I don't wanna miss ANYTHING you have to say!!
I didn't actually catch the Oprah show...cuz ya'll know a sista gotsta WORK to keep food on the table! Mc Donald's AIN'T FREE! HAHAHAH! No I'm kidding...we only eat junk once a week (IF that)...Kirk has ALWAYS been on my "questionable" list and don't get me started on Donnie McClerkin (or however his name is spelled - YOU know who I'm talkin about) his ass is a little sweet too...
Honestly, do we really even care if Kirk watched porn, gay porn or jerked his dick? I mean REALLY...and why on EARTH would he drag his shit stained dirty laundry out for all the world to see? He must have a new record coming out! HAHAHAHA...
I was fixin to go see P&P soon, so thanks for the heads up on that one, I'll wait for the video. How could you make that movie and not heat up the romance??
And, I'm with you on Desperate, I loved last weeks episode. Too good! Are you sure the guy od'd though? It's a guilty pleasure show, the worse they're doing the better the show.
Hug's
First-timer. And it's all about the Nip/Tuck, baby!
And try as I might, I can't get that 'five-hundred twenty five thousand....'Rent song outta my brain. Growl.
Post a Comment
<< Home