web page hit counter [Rebellion Lies]: Question For My People

[Rebellion Lies]

The comedic, spiritual, and dramatic journey of an aspiriing young Black artist who has finally escaped the confounds of Hicktown, TX, USA to the opportunities that await him in Austin. But damnit if he still doesn't want out of Texas period!

12.08.2005

Question For My People


I was just thinking. The two top black girl groups are done for and through. So which one was better and who made a bigger impact? Hit me up and then I'll let you know what my answer is.


P.S. Tell me who paired up Ashlee Simpson and Pretty Ricky for the American Billboard Awards? "NO NO NO WAY! No no no no way" that shit should have gone down. Ashlee sounded so damn bad and then Pretty Ricky came out and she was tryna drop it like its hot. Hoe sit DOWN!

*Edit* My answer is in the comment section

15 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tlc

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

Even though TLC was highly popular in their day (which was MY day), I'd still have to say Destiny's Child. Each of the members of Destiny's Child have gone on to do their own thang - successfully. Kelly ain't much of a sanger, but thanks to Nelly she got a Grammy. Michelle made her mark on the gospel world and I need not go into the Beyonce factor...she's doin a GANG of shit!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger ddsprncs said...

Destiny's Child Even though I can not stand me some Bey. I dont even know why. I must have some left over hater juice from back in the day.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger AlwaysSweet said...

I think TLC are the real o.g's. They had more spunk and charisma. Destiny's Child may have had more bank than those gals, but I think TLC helped pave the way for a lot of girl groups. And there will never ever be another girl group like TLC. Although Destiny's Child is very talented(well Beyonce), I can imagine that another girl group will come along someday just as talented and make us forget all about DC.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Charles X said...

I'ma have to say TLC. I loved loved loved me some DC in my day, but looking back on everything, it will be TLC. They touched on more issues, they acted more down to earth, there was no one person dominating the whole group, and their content was more consistently better. Sorry, DC but it's oooooooooh on the TLC tip!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is the funniest shit I have read in a long time! You are so wild for writing all that stuff. But it is so awesome at the same time, mainly because I agree. You keep it up. Keep us laughing.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Charles X said...

i think you meant to put that comment on the "You're Gay, Tomorrow and Today" post, b/c aint nothin really funny about TLC and DC. LOL!

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of choices are these? The best girl group was and is clearly still 3LW.

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keyword : GROUP!!! Not a solo songstress and her backup singers.

I vote for : TLC! These girls will always be the VERY BEST FEMALE GROUP OF ALL TIMES!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger E said...

Actually En Vogue should be up there. If it weren't for them starting the resurgence in girl groups, neither TLC or Beyonce's Children would be listed.

But for the sake of this post, I'm reluctantly choosing Bouncy's Chill'run.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger lj said...

what Joy said

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Charles X said...

i would have put en vogue if they had the same impact on both black and white culture that TLC and DC had. and en vogue broke up way too early!

still love them though!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Turn your eyes away from the mainstream. Whether black, white or mexican, the music is crap and will disappoint EVERY time.

For me, En Vogue had more an impact than either of the mentioned groups. I still sing "Hold on" to myself once in a while.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Charles X said...

check my profile for my musical tastes. very eclectic ranging from old school to today's independent artists.

however, i do not shun mainstream, as it DOES have its rightful place in everyone's culture. i just don't solely subscribe to it.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger crallspace said...

YOu do have an eclectic taste.

Most mainstream lately has really just gone for the empty calorie shit. Though it's probably good that the good stuff doesn't get exploited by MTV. Without reading blogs, I wouldn't have known the billboard awards were happening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home