Shut Down, BET

I hate BET.
Now you're probably thinking "Charles X, every blog has already addressed the hoochie-ism of BET!"
Yes, but that is not what I am talking about. Tell me why whenever I'm being my nocturnal self, browsing television late at night all I see on BET is scammin' ass preachers claiming that MIRACLE SPRING WATER or MAGIC PRAYER HANKERCHIEFS will solve people's problems?
Don't get me wrong, the programs are HILARIOUS! My personal favorite is Kerney Thomas (shoutout to Sterl (the one leaving ALL the crazyass anonymous comments)).
Who watches Kerney Thomas? If you do, you are my best friend! Let me tell yall about Sterl's father, Kerney Thomas. Kerney starts talkin' about these prayer hankerchiefs that will solve poor black folk's problems if they send him a donation n shit. Then his co-signin' ass wife comes and says "Yes! Mhm. Shole does" to every other word he says, lookin and actin like Tina Knowles.
Then it's one of the best parts! He receives phone calls that usually go like this
Caller: Yes, laaaaaaawd, Kerney I don't know what to do!
Kerney: Don't tell me....something bad is happenin in your life, woman. You need the guidance of JESUS!
Caller: Yes...I need the Lord, Kerney.
Kerney: DON'T TELL ME... there's been a pain...you've had it for years now! AM I TALKIN TO THE RIGHT PERSON?
Caller: You're right! I just been fired from my job.
Kerney: Right...the Lord told me that! Let us pray...Lawd please help this woman get a job...RO CO CO CO SHO SHANNAH! And to finally realize that GODDDDDDDDDDDD is the way HO TO NO CO CO SHA DAH!
*hangs up on caller*
Theeeeeeen they go to video of Kerney in churches "healing" people... and usually it's poor half-retarded black people with half of their teeth and half can't speak English.
That's the thing... all of this is to take advantage of poor black people who cling to the idea of Christianity for hope...which is a whole 'nother issue. The point is that BET not only degrades African Americans during the day with 106 & Coon, it manages to fulfill its duties 24/7!
OMG, one time on Kerney they had this one bitch (yes, bitch, Marz, dont worry males are bitches too) who said she bought her prayer handkerchief and her ex-husband got shipped off to Egypt for 10 years. LMAO!!! That is not Christian to have a vengeful spirit like this! By the way, all of this can be verified on his wikipedia site.
Anyways...
Who is dendesigns? I accidentally fell asleep and left my AOL up so I missed your IM. I think they are from here b/c they referred to me as "X". Don't be shy to IM me, I love when blog people talk to me! Shout out to Bobby Brown, Marz, Shawn QT with his sexy... and the fabTrent Jackson!
Um so I really am going to NYC and my mama aint gon say nothin b/c I'm grown. Real life friends: who is coming with me? Blog friends: who am I going to meet?
I started a new job today. I will post about it tomorrow. But um... it's interesting.

17 Comments:
LMAO....You are an riot!!! I've been coming to your blog for weeks now...I found it by complete accident...People at work swear Im crazy b/c I be cackling out loud!!! Love you Charles X!!!!!!
Ditto, I totally agree BET ain't shit. But tell me why night before last, I damn near called for some of that healing water.
Anyway...
Oh lord, you done become a strippersss, call the prayer line now Charles, call and get DELIVERED!
A damn prayer hankerchief!!! Now that is the fuck it...
I love reading your blog! Forever the entertainer Charles X!
Isn't it funny how the "spiritual shows' come on after "BET UNCUT" ..........Hey CHarles :)
i've been a witness to this man and his piss-rags that he is hustling as holy hanks, and it disgusts me. somebody out there really buys that ish!!!
That was so funny because its true. You are a fool for saying RO CO CO CO SHO SHANNAH! a damn fool..lol
Why did I get some Holy water from this bootleg televengilist and then they sent me like 30 followup letters saying "As thank you for the miricle water, please send $35 dollars to tell God thank you...."
RO CO CO CO SHO SHANNAH!
u r so crazy...lol
BET just continues to insult me, remember that movie out awhile ago, I can not remeber the name but they decided to bring black black face and every one went for it and the white (he is on "the war at home")he was all Im married to black lady and I love bball, well that is what BET is like. If you dont remember the movie I will try to find the name you should see it.
I cannot stand any of them, BET or not!
I remember waking upp at 4 am one morning to my husband screaming into the phone and telling themhow wrong they were for preying on po folk's feelings. This one was asking for $1000 for 'prayer' in order to be healed!
Sadness!!
Yay for NY!!!!
And I watch so many indie movies, I can't answer with just one :)
I personally thought the magic Jesus tea was the best.
^^@memoirs...are you talking about bamboozled???
Hey Charles!! Dang, I've been so busy I actually MISS my blogger fam! I don't watch BET...I guess after college videos (the only reason I watched in the first place) were a waste of time. Comic View is TY-RED and all the other programming was WHACK! Prayer Hankerchiefs? Are those FOR REAL?? People are actually making money on that shit??? Damn, maybe I need to start making better use of my sewing machine!! Think it would any less effective if it's made by a witch?? HAHAHAHAH
I'm with you on the shut down - but I loves me some ComicView. But yea, you start the petition and I'll sign it.
Oh yea - feel free to say the word nigger on your blog. Look - I know I'm late...so what?!?! LOL
Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal
I swore when you said BET at night, you were going to talk about those X-rated videos. (LOL)
(dendesigns is D-place BTW)
-Marz
sigh. i'm so worn out by bet. ugh.
Normally BET gets me sick, but I am actually watching a good gospel tribute show right now on there. I love gospel, so this show caught my attention.
Come check up my latest post. I gave you a shout out!
Post a Comment
<< Home