web page hit counter [Rebellion Lies]: Charles X's Spring Break Part One

[Rebellion Lies]

The comedic, spiritual, and dramatic journey of an aspiriing young Black artist who has finally escaped the confounds of Hicktown, TX, USA to the opportunities that await him in Austin. But damnit if he still doesn't want out of Texas period!

3.16.2006

Charles X's Spring Break Part One


OMG, why did Trent Jackson call me at midnight for his Friday Finale...I was so thrown off guard! I had just returned from Mexico. I'm so delirious right now from this week's events and driving for about 12 hours straight.



Spring Break...A Religious Experience Begins

Sunday I went to a concert that was being held at my old church's new sanctuary. They are getting as big as TD Jakes or some shit...I don't like it. Anyways, my mom is a church VIP now apparently and so we were sitting in the VIP section with Pastor Brown as Fred Hammond and Yolanda Adams performed. I left though, because Yolanda was boring and I wanted to get on the road.

After driving, bawling to the cast recording of The Color Purple: The Musical, and singing Rent for four hours, I arrived in the hick-town of La Grange, Texas where I stayed the night with my friend Lisa. The next morning, Lisa, two of her friends from high school (Shelly & Chris), and I embarked on our fun-filled six hour trek down to South Padre Island.

Road Trip

I made a gay mix CD which was patterned brilliantly alternating between a 90s pop hit and a 90s Disney masterpiece. What could be better for a car full of fags and fag hags to sing to on a road trip to Mexico? It's unfortunate that the second CD I made broke the CD player, leaving us to listen to tejano and country. Good thing we got the whole Rent soundtrack in before the CD player decided to kick the bucket.

Finally, after much long suffering we crossed the bridge to sunny South Padre Island where Cody greeted us and took us to his third story condo overlooking the beach. After dropping off our stuff, we quickly met some of Cody's high school friends.

Guilt

For some reason, being in the prescence of Cody's rich condo-on-the-beach-owning friends made me feel an extreme sense of guilt. I felt dirty and I wanted to jump off their balcony and baptize myself in the purity of the ocean.

I felt like I was on the OC or Laguna Beach and anyone on those shows should be shot.I tried to think of something - anything- else but nothing came. I kept thinking of Celie from the Color Purple...I had just listened to the soundtrack...and then it came to me. I felt so blessed and fortunate to be able to have such a great vacation, but that I didn't really deserve it. I'm lazy. I do whatever the fuck I want with little consequence. I wanted to give my fabulous vacation to someone else...someone who works hard. Someone deserving.

Howeeeeeeever, I was soon served alcohol and with alcohol came deliverance from evil.

Hot Tubs & Racism

So a big group of us wanted to get into the hot tub, but there were three white four year old boys and one twelve year old kid already in there. Someone came up with the brilliant idea of getting in the hot tub with them, so we did...um...bad idea.

They immediately started being obnoxious and began splashing the cold water into the hot tub.

Then to top it all off! I start talking to the little white boy civilly and he calls me CHOCOLATE BOY! I was like um....what?! He was like "chocolate boy! chocolate boy!" and splashing me with tremendous ammounts of water.

I'm going to end the post here, because I'm extremely tired and I need to call my friend and ask her what happened, because my memory has been affected by alcohol. Do not drink, people!

Up Next: how I met Jesus, how I almost drowned, how Mexicans attempted to electric shock me to death in a cocktail bar, and the drama that only spring break can bring!

Stay Tuned!

16 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles X I'm so glad you came down and stayed with me! Spring break is kind of a crazy blur but that's how it should be if it's good. And oh... was it good.

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

LMAO AT THE MEXICANS AND THE ELECTRIC SHOCK!!!

So what did Jesus look like?

Wow you're skinny!!! Look at that ass! LMAO! You've got a big weiner!!!

LMAO! U ARE CRAZY! I loved our hot phone sex session last night

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO @ chocolate boy! He ain't lyin' though.

Like I said, you could have given that vacation to me if you felt unworthy and ish. Shit!

Anywho, I'm waitin for the drama and more info on your infatuation with Jesus.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said...

Oh Lord! Charles X found Jesus! I've got to hear more about this!

I've been to Padre on Spring Break before...so I know exactly what you are talking about!

As a fellow Texan, I know what it feels like to have to drive hours just to get from Point A to Point B, and end up in "West Bubble F*** " with Billy Bob and Cindy Jo!

Glad to hear you had a good time !

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Chocolate boy, chocolate boy! Lol. why is that so damn funny to me?

Yolanda Adams boring??? how

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger ShawnQt said...

Man I love it! Keep it coming!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

you were in mexico? ? ? what part?

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger vampire in goleta said...

ooh chile, i would have slapped the shit out of that little white boy!!

even if your memory was clouded with alcohol oh well-he needed to get his little ass out the hot tub anyway, splashing water an' shit!

Lol i know i sound angry, but i'm amd i have to sit here preparing for finals while you have the time of your life in Mexico. BITCH

just kidding...kinda

kristen

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....sounds like spring break turned into a horror flick.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger lj said...

I woulds whooped that lil boys .....

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Superstar Nic said...

LMAO…Oh and WTF is up with that chocolate boy shyt?

I’m glad that you had so much fun your spring break. I’m also jealous as hell! I need a damn vacation and I would love to go to Mexico.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chocolate boy" huh?

Can't wait to hear where that went (smile)...

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Rodney said...

I was once called a brownie by a little white girl. I popped the shit out of her when no one was looking.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Hilarious! Maybe the white boy thought if splashed water on you the 'chocolate' would come off. Lol!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Clay said...

wow ... that is crazy .... chocolate boy? interesting about your church getting as big as TD Jakes ... figuratively and literally

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

why is this sooo funny??
lol
very funny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home