Songs To Drive To
I do not really hate Trent Jackson! Yall took me seriously? No... I love every jelly roll of Trent Jackson! Let me stop before he tazors me.
Today's post is dedicated to songs to drive to. Get your downloading software of choice out (don't front like you don't illegally download music), get out the blank CDs and get ready to enjoy your drive into work!
1. Anita Baker: Sweet Love
Anita, you bitch! Yes, I heard about you and Luther Vandross havin' catfights backstage during yalls tour. Don't front. Where were you at his funegro (funeral)? Anyways, I love you. And this song is a good way to start off the drive to work/school in the morning. If you're like me and don't have to do a morning trek then this mix can still serve its purpose any time of day. The track is not TOO hype...it's a warmup track to get the keys in the ignition, set the drink down, put the bag in the backseat, and things like that.
2. Prince: I Wanna Be Your Lover
This song cannot NOT make you happy. Sip on your coffee, eat that muffin, and gyrate to some good Prince. Maybe even fantasize a lil bit. But not too much, watch out for that SUV, chile!
3. Donny Hathaway: Love Love Love
Not a lot of people (especially my age) know this song. Donny is amazing and deserves as much due as all the other old school artists who get so much recognition! Your hands will be in the air when you hear this... but please only for like 1.5 seconds because I don't want you to crash and die. Sang, Donny!
4. Aretha Franklin: The House That Jack Built
This is the house that Jack built. Remember this house! That's all there is to say. If you don't feel this one, replace with her song "Think".
5. Ashanti: Rock Wit U
The track is just so hot!
JUST KIDDING!
5. Earth Wind & Fire: Can't Hide Love
Can't hide love! I betcha! EWF makes me wanna take my clothes off. If I wasn't sick right now, I would.
6. The Four Tops: I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)
I needed to throw a good Motown hit into the mix and this is one of the ulimate. Everything about it is on point. *does the background singer's dance moves*
7. James Brown: I Got You(I Feel Good)
I know it's the typical James Brown song, but hey, it fits and maybe you'll subliminally "feel good"! If you don't like that one, use his tune "Get Up (Sex Machine)", that's another jumpstarter! LOL

8. Ella Fitzgerald: Blue Skies
This is a real up-tempo big band number which really showcases Ella's range and scatting abilities. You will fall in love with her if you haven't already.
9. Jackson Five: The Love You Save
STOP! YOU BETTER SAVE ME! Sang, Michael. And you know what? Fuck the haters. I know you aint molest them lil money-hungry chilluns. And if you did... *bends over* can I get some money?
10. Jill Scott: Whatever
This isn't an old school track, but I threw it in there to freshen things up a bit. Plus it does have an old school kind of vibe to it.
11. Marvin Gaye: Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
My mom used to think he was sayin "make me wanna holler the wind into my life!" Um...remedial.
12. Mary J. Blige: All That I Can Say
With production and background vocals by Lauryn Hill (before the insanity), you know this is a good track.
13. Michael Jackson: Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
If you hear this song and you just sit there, you are in a coma. Move around, just don't spill the coffee.

14. Nina Simone: Windmills Of Your Mind
Sinner man, where you gon run to? A very good driving song, play this one once you get out of traffic.
15. Rick James: Give It To Me Baby
I want to choreagraph a staged dance to this. You could really go wild on this song.
16. Stevie Wonder: Sir Duke or For Once In My Life
I would pick For Once In My Life, just because I like singing it more. But Sir Duke is fun too.
17. Janet Jackson: The Pleasure Principle
I love you Janet!
18. SWV: Right Here (Human Nature)
Did yall hear that they reunited? I love Coko (lead singer).
19. Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody
I'm not going to say anything.
20. Mariah Carey: Honey
Do not front talkin shit about Mariah! Not today, maybe tomorrow.
Some of yall bought those cheap blank CD's and can only fit like fifteen of these, so pick your favorite fifteen or however many you can fit and I hope you have a good drive to work from now on! If yall want, I will periodically do this again so you can have a CD for every day of the week lol.

7 Comments:
Umph! I took you seriously....
Your song choice is excellent. You are wise beyond your years...You have a few of my old faves on this list!
I knew y'all weren't serious... But seriously... I swear you are an old soul. I know old ass grown folks who haven't developed a taste for music that's as refined as yours. All you have to do let me find out that you like Kathleen Battle. Then I will know you've lived before. You've inspired to me to start a new series after Great Aunts ends... The Soundtrack of My Life
*Rosie Perez voice* Oh My Goodness Mookie!. Finally someone my age who knows about good music. And you got my uncle (DONNY) and my Grams (ELLA) on here! Plus mad other great folk. Are we related?!?! HAve you been watching me? I thought I saw some big lips pressed against my bedroom window while i danced around naked in my bedroom. Shame on you! (you should have just knocked I would have let you in ,silly!)
Great song picks. I didn't know Anita and Luther had beef. Very interesting. Maybe he hit on her husband.
Omar: I'm glad I'm not the only one who is saying 'mookie.'
Stevie, Nina, JANET, Mariah, Rick, Mary J, Jilly, MIKEY, Earth Wind and Fire, ’Nita, PRINCE:
This is going to be the soundtrack to my nineteenth birthday party.
I think I’m gonna call it:
‘Groovin in the Ghetto’
And who is this anorexic bitch on The Real World, oh my bad!
lawd -- im glad you were joking about Ashanti!
Great list.
Post a Comment
<< Home