Dave Chappelle Returns! (& More)

[pink floyd: the great gig in the sky]
I think I scooped everybody in the blog world with this news:
Dave Chappelle is back from the crackhouses of Africa and is prepared to begin the THIRD SEASON of the extremely popular Dave Chapelle Show. The show is currently going back into production and will premiere back on Comedy Central on May 31st, so look forward to a summer of cooning buffoonery (the good kind) in 2006! This is a very welcome comeback, after he suddenly got ghost and left his overly obsessed fans wondering what annoying quotes they would say now. Welcome back, Dave! Just do not claim to be Rick James ever ever ever again. Please and thank you.
While I'm blogging let me give you all the insight on The Chronicles of Narnia. After having read the book, doing a research project on it, watching the 80's miniseries, and the cartoon special, I can say I'm pretty familiar with the story. Always loved it as a child and still love it now. I was a bit weary with Disney getting ahold of the story rights (Disney has been puttin' out some real stupid shit in recent years). However, my concerns were eased.
The movie was entertaining for the majority of the movie, with a few boring spots here and there. If you are a Christian or can simply enjoy and/or appreciate the story of Christ (the latter in my case), you will like the symbolism shown through the characters of the lion Aslan as Jesus, the children as disciples, and Edward as a Judas figure. If you have chilluns, I recommend this one. If you don't, I recommend you wait til DVD or HBO because it's good, but it's not that damn good (unless you're really into the story)! 
Score: $$$$ out of $$$$$ [four out of five]
Let's see, what else do I need to address? Um, this is finals week, so things are still hectic. I don't sleep. I'm (supposed to be) doing a paper on slavery right now and studying for a final I have in three hours. My room mate is over there a-tusslin' and a-turnin like I'm keeping him awake or some shit. Boy, lay down somewhere or study for a damn final. After this Thursday, I'm out of school for a month! Woo!I will have time to do all the things I need to do: finish reading these books on philosophy, writing more scripts for my TV show (which is coming along nicely, more details later), applying to school in NY (must get out of rural hicktown Texas ASAP!), travelling, and catching up with old friends and new loves.
Should be a very interesting December/January.
Random: Mary J Blige's new video is not on point. OK, she looks good and so does Terrence Howard, but the song its built around is not first-single material. And Mariah looks so damn stupid on the "Don't Forget About Us" video, tryna be sexy. It's so blatant in its sexual attempts that it's pathetic and makes her look silly. Mariah, I love you but STOP! That tight dress and you do not belong together. When the director tells you to act more sexy- don't listen- just shake it off and do you!
OK, the next post will be Oprah's "You're Gay Tomorrow and Today" Part II, I swurr, it's just that Oprah is threatening legal action against me for revealing the details of this episode that revealed some things about her and Gayle, so I had to weigh my options. Until next time...
"There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret of life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way. No day but today."
P.S. How do I put the links to the blogs I read up here? I am so remedial with this blogspot shit. Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Don't the changes look good?

9 Comments:
Mary J's video isn't all that, I definitely agree with you man. And I never thought Terrence Howard was fine anyway. I love the song tho, but as you said it ain't first-single material, not an instant hit.
Mariah and her "oops my bad! did I just show my booty cheeks?" facial expressions kill me. I'm so tired of her "I look sexual by accident, cause I'm so innocent" act. Can that trick JUST STOP? She's trying too damn hard!!
Can't wait to read the next post, Oprah part II. You're so funny dude. :)
ROFL @ did i just show my booty cheeks! -tears streamin down- that is exactly how mariah tries to play it! she just ends up lookin like hilary duff
I haven't seen all of the new Mariah video...but I assume it's pretty close to all the rest. I'm so sick of seeing her hair wind blown and her hands waving all over the place - as if she's trying to make a point. I love her...and I always have, I just can't stand to watch her sing. Oh...and her stylist needs to be fired like YESTERDAY.
That tight dress and you do not belong together - You are killing me. Thats my girl but we are all growing up!
WOW. Narnia did good.
I'm mad that the Chappelle show is coming back, I'm banned from it. Everyone always is talking about it the next day, and I'm out of the loop. Just like so many other shows.
OH well I got over it just now.
Mariah needs to go back and work on the sexy in,"Shake it off" video. WHO TAKES A BATH ANND ONLY CLEANS THEIR KNEE? (LOL)
-Marz
Actually..Chappelle's show is NOT back in production...but before Dave "flew the coop" he did enough skits for 4 NEW full episodes so Comedy central will be airing those pieced together episodes...
So it is TRULY not a new season of Chappelle's show..:-(
what? AOL misled me? which in turn made me mislead my public? this cannot be true. ima have to research this further.
"back from the crackhouses of Africa." That was funny!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home