Gay Today B/C of MLK
Only black people should get MLK day off as a holiday. What do you think about that? (just kidding! hell no, everyone benefited from MLK's contributions)
I wrote a bootlegged ass poem for MLK Jr. that was so wrong that the blog community would stone me in the square! So I'm not gon post my ignorance today.
New classes start tomorrow and I am motivated with Mission 4.0! Thank you MLK for allowing me to go to college with white students, because lawd knows I couldn't handle an all-black college. Fuck no! The insanity of it all.
The Schedule
I am taking
Honors Government
Honors History
Health Psychology
College Algebra (I should be in remedial. I missed being in remedial math by one point. English genius- math failure)
Human Sexuality (oo I can't wait for this class! I shall surely get an A++)
So I did an interview with the infamous Trent Jackson on Saturday. Lawd H.A.M. mercy. You all will have to see it when he posts it up. Maybe he did today? I haven't been over there yet. OK, nope, he posted an interview with Bobby Brown (Not Whitney's Husband). He's lookin fine on there!
What was the point of today's post? I forgot already. OH YEAH! OK...
Hick Lady Resurrected
Remember the Hick Lady who called me from my friend Don's old number? Well she called me again out of the blue the other night. This is almost a month later! When she called, I had just got out of the shower, puttin my lotion on, being fresh and clean clean, so I had no real objection to talkin' to the girl. So we talked about her life. She's a 15 year old girl living in Pensacola, Florida in a government young mothers center with 7 other young mothers. Her parents don't want her and her 21 year old baby daddy is in jail. She told me she really has no one to talk to and that the real reason she's been calling me is because I was the only one who sent her a message during her pregnancy. When I mistakenly texted her, she was in labor having Destiny AND CHECKED HER PHONE DURING LABOR to see who cared. Right after she had her baby, she called me the first time. So in a way, it was her Destiny to get in contact with me.
But then she started falling in love with me n things! Thinkin I'm gonna go to Florida and meet her and be her baby daddy. Umm... I didn't know how to break it to her that I don't like 15 year olds... or girls for that matter. Finally I got her talkative sad ass off the phone. But she called me 5 more times that night. And EIGHTEEN times the day after. I felt bad for the poor girl, but I was not about to talk to her all damn day. Don volunteered to call his old number and pretend to be my jealous boyfriend. That was kinda hot. But I feel bad because now who is she gonna talk to? I may call her tomorrow just to be nice and spread some sunshine into her lonely life, but she can't be callin me all fuckin' day.
I ATTRACT THE WEIRDEST PEOPLE! First I had hicks following me home at 4 in the morning, then crackhead cock-suckin bums accosted me at the lake one morning, then gay stalkers in college blowin up my cell and showin up at my dorm, then 15 year old baby mamas with drama wanna hook up, and now everyone who reads my site is a psycho! Just playin about that last part... no please don't click that red X! I was playin.
Gay UPN Characters
Now let me address UPN and its portrayal of gay characters. UPN, you niggerish institution! What a continual embarassment to African Americans with bullshit like The Porkers. No better than blackface if you ask me. I was browsing channels and I saw Professor Oglevee on a cruise with some seductress. Then a gay character walked onto the boat and said "Dinner is served". Now any normal person would have simply said that line. But no, since the character was gay, the man whirled his neck, switched his hips, and SNAPPED! Dinner is served = You go, girl? UPN, sit down. Girlfriends had some positive lesbian and bi portrayals (Jaleesa from A Different World as William's gay sister/ Lynn is bi), but they had some hairdresser named Peaches actin' so stereotypical (Peaches was portrayed by a fellow blogger. Sorry to be callin people out but damn! We must be more careful in the roles we choose) That one show with Holly Robinson Peete dealt with the gay issue comically and maturely. Good job! All Of Us didn't really touch on it at all, I don't believe. Eve? I think Eve had Peaches on it too. Half & Half has a consistent gay Asian character who I love! Now that's a good show. UPN, we can do better.

14 Comments:
I'm jealous of you and your excitement. :(
Bos has gone to hell without you. And I miss seeing you in the hall and thinking. God damn it's great to be gay.
heh.
UPN has gotten a little better over the last couple of years.
AWWW you should talk to the little girl every now and again. I mean I wouldn't, but.....Nevermind.
Yes, the gay Asian is the best character on that whole damn show. When I do watch it I tune in for him. Lmao@ The Porkers. You ain't right!
LOL @ the hick lady. Ya'll need to become pen pals. So sad she is all by her lonesome in this vast world.
You already know "Girlfriends" is one of the few decent shows UPN has, so they will come correct!
I expect nothing less than A's from you next semester. For surrious! Failing is no longer an option.
don't forget cousin ronnie on girlfriends!
but you cannot expect a niggerish channel such as UPN to maturely discuss the plight of gay people of color in any fashion. i mean, c'mon look how they portray the nigras!
kristen
Let me know how those classes are going...I hated MATH too yet when I went to College it wasn't that bad and working in Advertising...I did nothing but Account Management (Money this and Money that) So absorbed as much as you need to (get a tutor) it might be a cutie :)
Good Post!
Thisis my first time on your blog. You had some interesting points. Even though I am a straight female, I don't like to see the gay community portrayed in negative manner. I have several gay friends and I care how people see and treat them just as I do myself.
The hick lady is kind of wierd, but I pretty much expect anything these day!
i couldn't stop laughin about the 15yr old...
then i thought...how sad.
poor baby...man, i's just a shame.
i know u gonna do great in school this semester..and theLORD knows i couldn'ta went to an all black college either...
thank u dr.mlk! lol
Lol! She called you 18 times. Better not let her know where you live, or her and destiny may show up on your doorstep.
I so love Adam.....:) .......I too attract WEIRD ppl. I call them DUSTIES.......SO i feel your pain
My company doesn't give us MLK day off...someone from corporate called yesterday and was shocked that I came in...I explained that I take chinese new year off instead - he seemed shocked...all the other black folks have to take a vacation day if they WANT the day off...forget THAT shit...I wanna be off when everyone is at WORK and my kids are in SCHOOL!!! HAHAHAHA
Verification word: fkaet = FUCK IT! (ok, so I got a little creative with that interpretation)
The story about Hick Lady and the baby, etc. is oddly interesting. To be honest, I think that you could probably do it justice by writing it up as a short story, or even using your imagination and make that the storyline of a novel. Interesting story.
Human Sexuality sounds like a fun class to take!
Oooohhhh weeee! I can't wait to see your interview with the infamous Trent Jackson (smile).
You are nice, maybe you can tell her you are gay but that you guys can be cell friends.
Post a Comment
<< Home