New Queers Resolution
My New Mission, Memoirs of a Geisha, and Why I Got Kicked Out of My House Tonight.
This year was very tumultuous and strange. Going from a senior in high school to a working professional to a college freshman was quite a transition. The breakup of my unbreakable clique, the coming out to my mom, the throwdown with my father, and too much to go on.
I know that I have never done my best in school. I know my intelligence and I know what I can really do. I could pull a 4.0, be on the Dean's List, be in the Honors College (ok, I am in that already), and all that. But I find that to be a waste of time, honestly. However, I have something to prove to my parents who pay for my education next semester.
So 2006 will be Mission: 4.0. Yes, I'm going for the gold. This will prove difficult with the production of my show starting next month. I'm really excited about that, by the way. The cast has already agreed, the first episode script is complete, second and third episodes are being written, and my executive producer is enthusiastic. So things are looking up.
Mission 4.0 will also prove difficult because I'm getting a job. Charles X, you? WORK? Nuh uh. Yep. In fact, I worked for Cutco, a knife-selling company this past semester. I didn't really need the job, which is probably why I quit. However, my beautiful BMW recently passed away and I have to get a new one, which may mean I have to pay a car note.What kind of car should I get?
***Hold up, some funny shit just now happened***
OK, so like two weeks ago I text messaged my boy Don (he is so fiiiiiiiiiiiiine) and told him to call me when he wakes up. However, I texted the message to his OLD phone number on accident instead of his NEW number. So then I receive this call from Don's old number...
Hick Lady Soundin' Like She Stepped Off The Set of Maury: Hillo?
Me: *wonderin why I'm gettin a call from Don's old #* Um...hi.
Hick Lady: Uh... yay-es [yes]. Yay-es, who is this?
Me: Charles.
Hick Lady: Uh wail I recheeved a tix message from this here phone number informin' me to call thay-em when I wake up!
Me: Yes... I was trying to text my friend Don, you have his old phone number.
Hick Lady: But thay-ere is no way. I just goat this phone for Christmas.
Me: Yes, well you have his old number.
Hick Lady: But thay-ere is no way! This is a new phone!
Me: Well, you see, he used to have that number. They just don't make up new numbers. They recycle them.
Hick Lady: Huh? Looka here, I'm sittin here in the hospital with my baby.
Me: Congratulations.
Hick Lady: Thanks.
Me: So...
Hick Lady: Yeah so tell Don that I don't know who his friend is but this here is my phone number now.
Me: No- that's not- nevermind.
Hick Lady: Good naght!
Me: Night.
***Anyways back to the post at hand***
L
et me move on from Mission 4.0. (And no, it's not a bootleg "In the mix in 2006"). Let me give yall the lowdown on Memoirs of a Geisha.At the time I saw the movie, I was tired, horny, hungry, and wanted to go to this party... so I wasn't really feelin patient for any kind of slow-paced shit. So keep that in mind. The movie starts out real Color Purple-ish with a heart wrenching sisterly separation, but quickly detours from that route and focuses on the main character's journey to find her worth in a misogynistic male-driven Asian world. I would have found it more enjoyable had I not been anxious to run up outta there to take a nap, have wild sex, eat some Wendy's, and get my drink on. But in retrospect the movie was good. Overall, it was very visually pleasing. The majority of the characters were attractive (damn...some of them Asians looked so damn fine). The story was powerful, even if it did run a little too long. OK., a lot too long. Once again, maybe it's the fact that I needed to relieve some thangs!
Score: $$$ [three out of five]
Wait til DVD, it's not that serious. Next week I will be seeing King Kong, The Producers, The Family Stone, and others. But tomorrow I will see Rent. LOL! Yes I have a problem...shut the fuck up...any-motha-fuckin-ways-though...
Let's discuss why I got kicked out of my house tonight...
Earlier I had this uneasy feeling. I'm a spontaneous person, and sometimes I do crazy things on the spur of the moment. It's part of my live-for-the-moment life I try to live that gets me in trouble (getting on academic probation n things... lawd help jesus...). Anycoochie, my old clique reunited for some dinner at my house and then a movie. Instead of the movie, we ended up going to get Kia, Datha, and Alex's noses pierced (Laila was in attendance as well)
And I got my lip pierced. CHARLES LAWRENCE NATHANIEL X! YOU GOT YOUR LIP PIERCED? IMA WHOOP YO... Sit down, I'm grown, I got this. And no, those are not my middle names, lol. I was nervous like Beyonce about to speak publically (she sounds so stupid), but I did it with the helpful support of my best friends. So. This mess of a chick named Blue stuck a needle through my lip and it now has a stud in it. Yall may think I look a mess, but it really compliments my style of clothing/personality/social crowd. I will have to do a photo shoot soon b/c I am being extra stylish this week since my peeps are in town.
Then I got home...I knew my mom would freak the fuck out...she hardly likes any of my friends to have piercings/tatoos...let alone her own son...here come the heart thumps...
I sat in my room with my friends and my mom came busting in.
Mom: Oh yes everyone is here, I can take a picture!
Me: *grabs a cup and puts it in front of my mouth* Oh.. yes. Hurray.
Mom: Everyone get together so I can take this picture.
Me: Mom I have to show you something and I don't want you to freak out.
Mom: *lookin like "Here we go"* Yes?
Me: Look.
Mom: OH MY GOD.
(my friends start cuttin up laughin, except Kia who is crying because she's scared Ima get my ass whooped. NEED I REMIND THESE PEOPLE IM EIGHTEEN!? All this drama...)
Mom: *denial mode* Oh... it's just a removeable one. He can live.
She took our picture, then investigated.
Mom: *all up in my grill* OH MY GOD THERES BLOOD! PACK YOUR BAGS! YOU BETTER TAKE THAT OUT BEFORE YOUR FATHER GETS HOME! OMG!
(she then proceeds to dramatically start packing my bags...my friends sittin there cuttin up...me wondering where the hell I'm about to live for the next few weeks til I move in my dorm...)
Mom: I...I...IM TELLING YOUR [BIOLOGICAL] FATHER!
Ooo Frightening. Wait- not really since he lives in Virginia.
Anyways, my bags are packed. I am weary go to go sleep tonight, because I think my mom will come into my room like a psychopath and try to rip it out like an idiot because God told her to. Her and her Lord...always comin' up with these I Love Lucy schemes... NOT ON MY FACE, BAYBAY!
I might live with my friend Epi until I can move into my dorm on January 11th. We'll see.

17 Comments:
Charles X, you find ways to make even the heaviest stories light.
It is so unfortunate that you Mom will not allow you to grow in your own direction. Just cause you plant a seed in the groud, doesn't mean that it is going to grow in the same direction as the others.
Enough of that, I see that you have some promising things in your life.
Word of wisdom, I got kicked out of my house when I was 18, but it was in second semester, summer to be exact. All that you do in your Mission 4.0, let it be for Charles X and not for your parents, cause although the gave you life they can't live it for you, and you damn sure can't expect yourself to make all the decisions to make based on all of their opinion.
Make your decisions so that you are satisfied, in the end, they will be proud one way or another. If not, then keep on trucking, cause "Without struggle there can be no Progress"
Theme for 2006
Revelation not Resolution
What is your Revelation from GOD?
P.S. - I know you think that I am a Jesus freak, but this question is personal, a reflection for you and GOD and no one else...
lolol "nervous like Beyonce about to speak publicly" you're hilarious. lip piercing?? why? see some people just don't need a christmas break. lolol
a lip piercing? ooooooh! that's a little freaky isn't it? Let me find out. anyway, do you bruh. You're the one who has to live ur life, you're the only one who looks at you in the mirror. Ur mom'll get over it, or adapt to it at least.
Me.
I have freind who go her tounge pierced at 30 and still had to hid it from her mom and brother ( he's a dentist) she finally took it out. her mom is just to crazy! Good luck to you, I hope you can at home until school starts.
Happy New Year!
Hey...do YOU...You know I always got ya back! I bet it looks super cute!
I thought you were going to tear Memoirs up.?!?!?!
I hope things work out with your mother.
And whatever is making you get that 4.0. Do it! You'll appreciate it later. trust me.
Imma need you NOT to get kicked outta your house...okay?!?! That's hilarious though - u have one hell of a way of telling a story.
Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal
You just a mess! LOL! Now your ass done got kicked out the ass? Why would you add fuel to the fire boy?
lawd bless you!
I saw you last night and it was one of the most amazing moments of my life. It was a rare occassion to see you outside of school. I wish I would have had a camera.. First time I've seen you since before you graduated. Bastard.
Wow your life is so Amazing! lol. I love how free spirited you are... even though you are 18, I would say calm it down, but hey live LIFE, drive your MOM crazy!
(im sure my advise will just get you in more trouble)
I want to see the movie though, I like visually appealing movies. I been listening to the soundtrack online and love it, so we will see.
so where u staying at now?
by the way, thanks for dropping by my spot, I appreciate it. Get that 4.0!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!!
not that you said you thought your mom would rip out your piericing cuz God told her - lol happy new year!
I'm not one of the folks you hear from all of the time, but I constantly stop by just to catch up on your life.
You definately have a way with words and I just want to say thank you for the laughs and the "things that make you go hmmm" that you've shared simply by being you.
Follow your dreams and kick the s*** out of life. You only get one and it is way too short -- smile.
Happy New Year!
-R
LOL.. that sounds like the way my grandma reacted when I came home with my ears pierced and when I came home from College my freshman year with a tattoo.. She thought they were fake then japped when she found out they were real
OKay.
This twin thing is freaking me so far out. (You know how it is.)
I am so getting my ears pierced 18th birthday. And my parents say that getting your ears pierced, "makes you a slave to the devil".
They even have logic to back it up. (It's wrong logic, but logic nonetheless.)
I need to make friends with an Epi, or someone of the sorts. That way I have somewhere to stay after my needle dance. (LOL)
-Marz
STOP IT!
I'm laughing so damn hard right now....from the phone call with the country accent right on - I live in KY I know these accents - to anycoochie to nervous like Beyonce before speaking in public!
You're a mess.
And way too quotable, Ima use some of this.
Post a Comment
<< Home