Funny, Racist, Or Both?
Blogger has a vendetta (I just saw V for Vendetta tonight- more on that tomorrow) against me, and won't let me post pictures but I'll try later.
I wanted to post the following picture and get all of your reactions:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/sonofodin/ihasacrayon.jpg
I will give my thoughts tomorrow.

14 Comments:
What the fuck is that? What is funny about that? Am I suppose to think all black children talk in ebonics? In my opinion that is not funny. And anyone who thinks it is funny...well that says a lot about them as people. Sure you could say it's not that serious, but portrayals of black people are consistently negative so it is a big deal.
Hope you get your blogger problems fixed.
IT'S NOT FUNNY AT ALL...
BUT YOU HAVE TO BE HONEST...SOME PARTS OF THE COUNTRY THAT IS STANDARD ENGLISH TO US...
MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! and thats all i'll say..now take your baby pic down b/c i know yo mamma didnt approve this..lol
hey, if you copy and paste the tag link from photobucket into your post, the pic will show.
Yo, your spring break was the stuff that mtv specials are made of.LOL That moment with marz was meant for my im box...that boy is mess personified! That pic is kinda dumb...it's definitely not funny(except for that kids big forehead LOL-he s lil cutie tho )...but i don't know if it was meant to be racist.
I think it's hilarious! All little kids mess up the language. Not just the Blacks. I know some white children who sound like field hands.
Alright so I just watched Crash ( which we MUST discuss next convo.) IT WAS RACIST AS HELL.
But if I didn't watch Crash just now, I'd be like. AWWWW
I swore that was you, had to blink a few times. ( Just let a dark room. LOL
-Marz
KINDA funny, more than a little ignorant
but little kids can't speak well anyway, and i wonder what people's reactions would have been if the little kid was white
A mess...
Look at that Dome...that was my first thought.
As much as I agree that the portrayal of blacks is often full ignorant, in this case, I feel like it's just making fun of the way children talk. All little kids go through that stage.
Race is only a factor when you include it. Instead of seeing a black child being portrayed as ignorant, try removing his race, and just seeing a cute child who's still learning to speak properly.
The image isn't really funny or racist to me. I think the boy is adorable tho.
From one liquor holic to another:
(With bottle in hand, face glazed over, looking HAPPY AS HELL!)
Welcome.
didnt see anything racist about this pic. just reminded me of my lil cousins learning to speak when they were little. like when they try to say spaghetti. HA!
and only kids are cute w/ big heads (except jason kidd's son...that shit is ginormous!!!). lol
My first thought was that the joke was lame.
Post a Comment
<< Home